- When describing the University, use Washington State University as the first reference in the text. Subsequent references should be the University, Washington State, or WSU. Avoid using the acronym WSU on the cover or title page.
- When describing a regional campus, use the full name on first reference, for example, Washington State University Tri-Cities. Subsequent references should be WSU Tri-Cities.
- The plural of datum is data. It requires a plural verb.
- Use "more than" rather than "over" with quantities: "Enrollment is more than 18,000 students."
- photo captions – ID everyone whose face is clearly discernable, unless confusion is virtually impossible; may omit “l-r” indicator if obvious
- name continuity – avoid splitting individuals’ names to 2 lines (same for the University’s full name, unless dictated by design)
- podium vs. lectern – a speaker stands at a lectern; a podium is the platform upon which the speaker and lectern stand
- titled vs. entitled – use titled for books and entitled for spoiled children
- www. and http:// – omit unless required or needed for clarity